Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 43: February 12, 2011

Champagne, Sparkling Wine, Bubbly, or fizzante (as they call it in Italian-my new favorite term), liquid of the Gods...whatever you choose to call it, I'm thankful for it. Champagne is generally considered a special occasion wine, but in our house it's just as appropriate to pop the cork on a random Tuesday night. Tonight, however, was a special occasion. We chilled the bubbles in honor of Valentine's Day (a little early) as we celebrated with some of our best friends.

A whopping ten bottles were corked, all with six half turns of the cage. My Valentine led a champagne tasting complete with "sniff" samples of all the common scents of sparkling wines-so fun! Then we moved to the dining room (otherwise known as our bedroom) to eat and drink the night away.

I can't think of a way I would rather spend my pre-Valentine's Day than with my fabulous friends sipping some fizzante!

The dinner also helped me meet my weekly quota of new recipes: Pears with Brie and Rosemary, Salmon Wellington with Champagne Beurre Blanc, Butter Lettuce Salad with Pancetta and Green Apples, heart-shaped raviolis with pink cream sauce, Green Beans with Brown Butter and Pine nuts, Bacon and Cashew Caramel Corn, Flourless Chocolate Cake with Caramel Sauce, and White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries with Citrus Sugar (which I forgot to bring out!)...whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)