Today I am so very grateful that the Upper Haight has its very own Whole Foods Market.
Reasons why I am thankful:
1. It is one block from my house, so grocery shopping no longer requires a car.
2. Unlike the other local markets (which I love) I can buy just about everything there-meats, toilet paper, veggies, lotion. et cetera.
3. I don't have to look at the empty parking lot and decrepit building that has been occupying the space for the last five years.
4. They make sandwiches. I love sandwiches, and until now the neighborhood has been lacking a sandwichery.
5. Did I mention that it's ONE block from my house!!!