Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 300: October 26, 2011

OK, I promise this will be the last pumpkin-related post...but I think we've all learned something in the last week. Emily likes pumpkins and other orange squash-like fruit. Yes, pumpkins are a fruit. I apparently am thankful for just about everything about them.

Today I'm thankful for pumpkin seeds. 

They just might be my favorite part of jack-o-lanterns. And I know they are Nick's favorite part.
We slow-roasted and lightly salted our bounty this evening. Yum!
The smell, the crunch, the nutty taste. I could eat a whole pumpkin's worth in one sitting, straight from the roasting pan. Delish. 

1 comment:

  1. we're doing this tonight! did you do anything special to them?

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)