Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 12: January 12, 2011

To be completely honest, today I'm having a hard time coming up with something to write about. I'm sick on the couch for the second day in a row and besides feeling super yucky, I'm also incredibly bored! Nothing good on TV, no good Netflix movies here, can't go for a walk...ugh. This resolution has definitely made me appreciate little things more because I find myself thinking throughout the day, "I'm pretty thankful for ____. But is the the thing I'm most thankful for today?" Then, at the end of the day I get to go through the file of all those things and write about the thing that sticks out the most. A lot of the time, it's a small, seemingly insignificant thing. It's interesting, and I highly recommend that everyone try it for a few days.

Today as I was stuck on the couch, what came to mind was how lucky I am that I don't get sick very often. Being sick is no fun. I am usually the girl that uses my sick time to go out and do something fun-I would rather be at work than be sick at home! Today I am thankful for my immune system. It does its job well 99% of the time so I am free to use my sick time for other things. Way to go immune system...now get back to work and kick this cold to the curb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)