Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 30: January 30, 2011

Today I am grateful for jury duty. I'm sure this sounds ridiculous, and even as I write this I wonder if I am jinxing myself into a twelve-month jury duty "sentence". Tomorrow, almost one year to the day from my last summons, I have jury duty. I have never actually served on a jury, but I've spent my fair share of time in the selection process. Last year I spent three days in the courtroom being questioned by, I'm fairly certain, the most annoying attorney living on this earth. Then I was dismissed. To top it off, the three days I spent also happened to be my three days off that week, so I still had to work for the following three days. Boo. So why exactly am I looking forward to fulfilling my civic duty this year? Well, tomorrow I was schedule to work at 7:00 am. Jury duty starts at 11:00 am. For me this means: two extra hours of sleep, a walk in the park in the morning, and time to make dinner in the evening. I hope that tomorrow I will be expressing my thanks for not being chosen for the a jury:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)