Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4: January 4, 2011

Today was my first day at “the bedside” in over two months and after my Case Management months, seven o’clock feels really early and twelve hours feels really long… but I’m happy to be back! Despite the fact that work is and always will be work, I can’t think of a job that I would rather have and that’s pretty awesome.

My two-month stint as the interim Case Manager was a nice change and a nice challenge. I loved living the life of a nine-to-five worker for a while. I now know what it’s like to have time to make dinner and go to the dog park after work (and I wasn’t too exhausted to enjoy it!) The job was definitely not without its challenges, but I learned a lot and left the office with a list of work projects to keep me busy for the next year!

I am so grateful for my first workless holiday season in six years, thankful for my co-worker Irma who sacrificed her Christmas week for me, and oh so pleased with how the timing of it all worked out so perfectly! Now I just need to figure out how I can be the temporary Case Manager every holiday season…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)