Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 131: May 11, 2011

Today I am thankful for Chinese medicine.

I have been intrigued by acupuncture for quite some time and I finally decided to try it out. As I have learned, most acupuncturists are also herbalists, so I'm also sampling a selection of herbs. I can't say that I feel any different or healthy yet...but I've only had two treatments.
I'm fascinated by the Eastern medicine philosophy of treating the whole person instead of the condition, and I finally understand yin and yang. (It's not just a black and white picture, people. Who knew?)
I have been reading a lot and am surprised by how much sense it all makes.
And acupuncture is...so...relaxing. I literally leave as a puddly version of my self.

I'm also pretty thankful for Western medicine, particularly because it is my livelihood, but I wish the West would adopt more of the East as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)