Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 248: September 4, 2011

Today I am grateful for Gin Rummy.

I've been playing it for almost as long as I can remember. Each Summer when Steph and I were on our East Coast trips we would play game after game after game.
I'm not going to lie, we were slightly obsessive.
We started on the first day of the trip with a big, blank notebook. Each day we would play a pre-determined amount of games...I think in our last year we were up to twenty or twenty-five games.
When there was one game played, we had to play them all. Some days we would play multiple "sets" of games, up until the wee hours of the morning with a pack of cards, some Haagen Daz coffee ice cream, and a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos.
We would keep track of our points each day and add up the total at the end of the trip to determine the big winner. I don't remember who won, but it was probably me. Unless she cheated.
Today we broke out the cards again for a little Gin Rummy and it brought back memories of the good old days! It was no marathon Rummy session like we used to do, but we can still play a mean game.
She won, but there may or may not have been some cheating involved.

1 comment:

  1. I SO did not cheat! Don't hate on my mad Gin Rummy skills! I still have the book - we can re-add and see. This made me think of how we always used to watch Beaches, too. And then randomly that musical number that Bette Midler does got stuck in my head...."So do you buy a Titsling, or do you buy a Brasiere?"

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)