Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 265: September 21, 2011

Today I am thankful for fall
...
even though I'm still hoping for a good Indian Summer.

The end of September brings with it the warm, fuzzy feeling that I  associate with the pre-holiday season. The holiday season is not yet just around the corner (despite what commercial America says), but the air has changed. The light has changed. Pumpkin pie spices are creeping their way into foods.
Each year I beg the fall time to pass slowly because it's such a nice time to savor, and every year it zooms by faster than the last.
So, I'm soaking it in, raking lots of leaves, and infusing everything in my sight with pumpkin :)


1 comment:

  1. omg, me too. there is nothing quite so yummy as pumpkin-infused baked goods.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)