Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 269: September 25, 2011

Today I am thankful for roller dancers...if that's the correct term.

These people are no joke. Except they kind of are.
But anything that makes me laugh and smile every time I see it is A-OK.
Yesterday Nick and I walked past the roller dancing area in Golden Gate Park and saw a rather elderly woman, white-haired in grey spandex and pink roller skates, "dancing" with a dude that looked like Snoop Dog.

Today when I walked past the make shift rink they were blasting Boys II Men's "Motown Philly". That just happens to be one of my favorite old school jams and I had an incredible urge to snatch some skates and join in the fun.
It could have been disastrous.

The music is almost always awesome, there is usually a collection-worthy display of spandex, and there are people from every walk of life out there shaking their groove thing, people who you would not guess would be roller dancers.
I'm officially intrigued by roller dancing. I'm giggling writing about it. Everyone must see this in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)