Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 258: September 14, 2011

On my walk to work this morning, I suddenly remembered one of my dreams. It was extremely vivid as if I had actually lived it and thinking about it made me giggle to myself as I walked as it played through my mind.

The Husband and I are strolling along a beautiful beach. I think it was Cape Cod. He decides to jump in and is followed by a stupid girl. I say she is stupid because I remember thinking, "stupid girl". I have no idea why.
I hear that someone has seen a lot of sharks in the water lately, so I yell to Husband, "I think there might be sharks! You should get out!"
The obedient man that he is, Husband heads toward the shore. Stupid Girl on the other hand decides to swim a little longer. Enter lots of BIG shark fins, circling each other and Stupid Girl in the water.
Then one of the sharks bites her arm off.
She gets out of the water and ever so calmly, I go over to her, use a shirt to apply pressure to the bleeding stump of an arm, and straight out of the CPR handbook, I point at a passerby and say, "You! In the red shirt! Call 9-1-1!" I remember thinking, "always identify who you're talking to instead of saying 'someone call 9-1-1' and give them a specific action". 
Paramedics arrive on an ATV and ask me how many sharks there were. I say, "Can we talk about this later? She doesn't have an arm."

Today I'm thankful for dreams.

I love dreams because they make absolutely no sense. I have not been thinking about sharks lately. I have not taken CPR since last year. Where did this come from?
And in the real world, when will I ever get to play the hero in a shark attack scene? Hopefully never. And when would I ever react so calmly and quote the CPR handbook in my mind? Random.
The sleeping mind is a wonderful, creative, wacky thing!


2 comments:

  1. OMGOMGOMG!!! This is so freaking hilarious!!! It's so true - they make so much sense in the moment, but when you try to explain them to someone, they are outrageous! "Can we talk about this later?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just laughed out loud at this:

    "You! In the red shirt! Call 9-1-1!"

    I picture you stopping and pointing and I just die laughing for some reason. I love dreaming. The things the mind comes up with! I love when I wake up in the middle of a dream and can sort of fall back asleep and pick up where I left off. Sometimes they are just so entertaining.

    Oh and I also love that the girl is only referenced here as "Stupid Girl." Have you been watching "Soul Surfer" lately? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)