Thursday, September 8, 2011

Guest Blogger: Beth's Thanks

This week's guest post is from my friend Beth. Her blog always gives me a "goodlaff" as she talks about weddings and life as a newlywed. And she had a fantastic wedding, so she knows what she's talking about! 


...


For me, 2011 has been a year full of newness. So far, I have a new husband and a new last name. The next few months will bring me new passport stamps, a new home, and—fingers crossed--a new job. 

In just a few weeks (25 days, but who’s counting?), my brand-new husband and I will get on a plane bound for Europe. Neither of us has been to Barcelona, Florence, Rome, or any of the other fantastic places listed in our cruise brochure, but you can bet that the mere idea of eating new food, making new friends, and visiting some of the most iconic destinations in the world has us beyond excited for this trip. We return home from our Honeymoon on my birthday (which I will get to celebrate on two different continents) and it may well be my last birthday in California for a very long time. A week after we land, we’re packing up everything we own and moving to a new house in a new city in a new state. All of that’s an awful lot of change for someone to handle in a six-month period, but it has me excited in a way I haven’t been since I got on a plane bound for a year of teaching English in China over six years ago. 

So, today I am thankful for new adventures.
                                                                                         Though sometimes scary and unpredictable, all these new adventures mean new challenges, new places and faces, and a chance for me and my husband to continue to learn and grow--both together and as individuals. Making such a big move requires a huge leap of faith, but then again, most real great adventures do. I could call either our trip or our move the “adventure of a lifetime,” but I know our adventures are only just beginning. And I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)