Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 255: September 11, 2011

I remember where I was ten years ago, and on this day, every year for the past nine years
I have relived the memory.
What strikes me every year on the eleventh day of September is partially the tragic memory, the thoughts of those who lost their lives or their loved ones, the images of the day.
But what is also so vivid in my mind and body is the memory of how our nation completely united on that day; its citizens unusually patriotic and at once bonded by a feeling of vulnerability.
I remember thinking that "The Star Spangled Banner" had never felt more true, the American flag never more significant.

Today I'm thankful that in a time of great tragedy a nation can pull together and show its true colors: 
red, white, and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)