Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 306: November 1, 2011

The first day of November marks the beginning of my favorite time of year.
I start to embrace the holiday feel, my baking is out of control, and I feel downright jolly.

The day also makes me want to scream, "Hey, time! Slow down!" because I don't want the season to pass by as quickly as it always does...I want to savor each moment between now and New Year's day.

This year I am on a mission to enjoy every moment and take it slow.
I remember a time when Christmas shopping was more fun than stressful and there was plenty of time in the week to decorate Christmas cookies and make homemade stockings.
I'm not sure when life got so busy, but even if it's only for a couple months, I'm slooooowwwwiinnnggg dooooowwwnnnn.

Today I am thankful for the First of November. 

Holidays, here I come.


1 comment:

  1. i so agree! best. time. of. the. year. :) we might need to get festive when you come to visit!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)