Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 320: November 15, 2011


Sometimes the best made plans are just not as good as the plans that were never made.
I usually like having a plan.
I wouldn't say that I am a rigid planner, but I definitely always have some sort of plan. I'm not a huge surprise person; I find comfort in knowing what to expect...at least to a certain extent.
I have been thinking a lot lately about the list wonderful little things that have happened in my life. Yes, some of them were all part of my grand plan, but a great majority happened a little bit more organically.

The "wrench" moment, that bit of time when the plan is suddenly thrown off completely, is not my favorite part of life. Not comfortable. But then the dust settles and I settle into whatever is becoming the new "plan".

Today I am thankful for the unplanned.

I had a good, long talk with my MIL a couple weeks ago that really got me thinking about this. Sometimes I think the cute little lamb of life is dressed up in the wolves' pajamas. Sometimes it seems as if nothing is going as planned. Sometimes it feels like it's not going to work out. But then it does.
Everything always works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's probably not the end.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Em - and so true!!! As a fellow planner myself, I don't like when that plan gets thrown off course. But sometimes it's the best thing that ever happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you're a bit on the type a side (i know nothing about this, ahem), having things under control is just in your nature. we like things to be neat and tidy. however, some of the most fun and amusing things happen when you just let go a little. i try and remind myself of this as often as possible. it's where the laughter lives. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)