Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 326: November 21, 2011

Today I'm thankful for compliments from my husband.

Compliments in general are great, but for some reason it always means more coming from someone I know really well because they're so unnecessary. 
My Hubby knows me inside and out; he loves me and all of my imperfections. I know this.
I do not need to hear him say that he likes my shirt or that he thinks I look beautiful. I don't even need for him to say "I love you"... I know these things. I feel them in his touch, in his gaze, and just in his presence. 
But he does say these things. And sometimes it catches me off guard and reminds me why we chose each other.

Tonight he asked me, "Do you know one of the things that I love about you? It's not something that I would have looked for in a wife, but it makes me really happy that you're so homey. I love that you love baking and you're really good at decorating, and you throw an amazing party."
An example of a compliment you only get from the person who knows you best.

He really knows how to make my heart go pitter patter <3

2 comments:

  1. you guys are cute and that is an awesome quality em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest thing. So true, and very randomly wonderful to hear, I'm sure :) You did good with that husbo of yours!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)