Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 324: November 19, 2011

I wasn't a happy girl when The Hubs was in China. It was a very long three weeks.
But he did a lot of eating there. A LOT. So much that I thought that's all he did in China. And when he came back, he brought with him an appreciation for Hot Pot. He's been vying to get me to try it since he returned. I was happy to oblige.
I think of Hot Pot as the Chinese version of fondue, but different.
Tonight we ventured out to the Outer Sunset with one of our buds for San Francisco's best Hot Pot.
Yum, yum, yum.

Today I'm grateful for my husband's adventurous palate.

He will almost always try something once. Raw quail eggs? Sure. Pig Intestines? Why not.
Sometimes I'm not sure how I feel about what he is eating, but it has definitely made me a more daring eater...and usually when I try something new I'm a happy customer.

I do not have a weak stomach, but there were definitely a couple times this evening that I had to cover my eyes. Okay, I actually only covered one eye and squinted the other, because I had to watch!
I could have done without him ordering pig blood. Eww. Gross. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)