Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 318: November 13 2011

Today I am thankful for traditions.

My Mother-In-Law used to be big on traditions, especially at the holidays. She would do something and proclaim that it was a tradition, even when it was the first time. I suppose they were traditions in the making! I remember The Hubs and I looking up what exactly constitutes a tradition...we found out a tradition is only a tradition when it has happened three times. I now find myself craving traditions more and more and thinking about what will become The Rose Family's traditions.

This weekend was spent in Santa Barbara. It was the Fujii/Rose Third Annual November trip to S.B., so now is officially a tradition!
The weekend mini-vacations all started when we ventured down to take the Fujii's engagement pictures (before Steph was even a Fujii!)
The weekend is always filled with lots of good food and fun. Most of the weekend is planned around our meals, but the last two we have also incorporated marathons into the mix.
This weekend, the girls flew solo, but otherwise it was no different: delicious food with stops at two favorites Holdren's and Tupelo Junction. And we even found a new love in Los Olivos that will surely be incorporated into the weekend from here on out.
You can read about our adventures soon here!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am very thankful for this tradition! It's always fun to look forward to, and I'm already excited by our wine themed trip next year! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)