Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 317: November 12, 2011

Today I am thankful for thirteen point one miles
...

Because it feels a whole lot better that twenty-six point two.

One year ago, I was doing the Santa Barbara Marathon. Today I did the Santa Barbara Half Marathon.
I will tell you this with certainty: a half marathon is less than half as hard. Way less than half as hard.
It felt like a walk in the park in comparison; I was able to enjoy the scenery and my body did not ache at every junction when I crossed the finish line.

As I passed each mile marker, I could clearly remember what I was thinking last year at that same point and how drastically different I was feeling with thirteen less miles down.

Verdict: No more marathons for me. Half is just right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)