Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 336: December 1, 2011

Nothing says "welcome Christmas" like a decorated tree. 
The Hubby and I decorated ours tonight! My favorite part of decorating the tree is unwrapping each ornament and reminiscing about where we got it. Almost every ornament has a story.


Our little family has a yearly tradition of finding one ornament each year to add to our collection. We casually look all year for the perfect ornament, something that sums up the year for us. Sometimes we pick it up on our travels and sometimes it's from one of my favorite local shops, Wishbone or Egg (they both have the best selection of fun ornaments), but we always write the date on the bottom.

Today I'm thankful for Christmas Ornaments.

They're more than just decorative baubles for the tree, they're memories!

1 comment:

  1. love it!! i always love unwrapping each one too - it's like a brand new treasure each time. i love that you guys write the dates on the bottom - ingenious!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)