Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 343: December 8, 2011

Today I am thankful for The Birthday Husband.

If you haven't met him, you probably should...he's pretty awesome. Ok, he's totally awesome. But not so awesome that you should try to steal him from me...

Of all the things that I'm thankful for this year (and every year), I spend the most time thinking about how thankful I am that I get to spend my life with my Goobs.
I know it's silly, but I often wonder about what role fate played in our coming together...would we have ended up together no matter what?
There were so many seemingly minute turns of events that culminated in my becoming Mrs. Rose. I didn't think anything of any of the little pieces of the puzzle at the time. It's only just in looking back at everything that I see how very improbable it was that we became a couple...everything had to go just as it did.
What if I stayed in Santa Barbara?
What if I would have already had a full house of roommates?
Or what if I lived in The Sorority House?
What if I would have skipped that formal?
What if Eric Clapton never sang?

Or maybe we were destined to be Man and Wife and no matter what, it would have happened eventually.
Destiny or complete accident, I'm thankful.

Best Buds







3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Isn't it crazy to think about all of the what ifs? So glad that they all didn't happen and that we get to hang out with your awesome hubby, who is also an incredible friend! Happy birthday Nick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! Happy late birthday, Nick!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)