Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Guest Blogger: Phil's Thanks

Today's Guest Post comes from one of my many second parents. Growing up, I spent more than a little bit of time at Phil and Lynette's house...he probably has some crazy slumber party stories. Thankfully, he didn't share those in his post :)

...

When I first talked to Emily's "hunky husband" Nick, about doing a guest spot on this blog, I thought it would be easy to write about being a Grandparent, but there's so many great things it's hard to put them all in writing. 
Sure, there's the typical, "be able to give them back to the parents when they get out of control" or "our job is too spoil them, and let the parents be the heavies". Although portions of those statements have some merit, my wife and I can help be "the heavies" and listen to our granddaughter say we're mean! (Luckily that has only happened once.)
    Today was one of the best days in the history of our career of Grand-parenting. We went to see our Granddaughter Darby in her first dance recital. Watching that little 3 3/4 year old in her little dance outfit, holding a teddy bear for her number, and seeing her dance with several other little girls on stage, in front of a packed house, was amazing. 

Darby!

When she was on stage, waiting for the music to start, she saw me standing in the back, and gave me the special little wave that I've been doing with her since she first started waving to me. There's so many great moments in my short Grand-parenting life, but to me, that was the best.
   
So, I'd like to say how thankful I am, to be able to be a Grandparent. 

For those of you who have had the experience, you know! For those of you that are soon to find out what the experience is like, (Claudia and Mike, Paul and Debbie), you can't imagine how lucky you are about to become. 
Enjoy and embrace it all!!


Thanks Phil! Your Grand Babies are lucky to have you!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Phil!! You can see in all of Mollie's photos how much you both love being grandparents - you certainly light up when they're around!! They are so lucky to have you in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Great post, Phil, and you certainly have some of the cutest grandchildren around. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)