Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 238: August 25, 2011

We took ourselves out to the ball game tonight and had so much fun! I scored some crazy awesome seats from my boss and got a glimpse of the good life. The bleacher seats will never be the same after seeing the view from these seats.

While I sat in the said fabulous seats, the Giants announcer's voice boomed over the loud speaker. But maybe 'boomed' is not a very good descriptor because her voice is just so darn lovely.

The cheers from the bleacher seats made their way faintly to my ears.

The sea gulls flapped and cawed above.

"Take Me Out to the Ball Game" was played.

The peanut/Crackerjack/hot dog vendors yelled their sales pitches in the classic style that must be taught in baseball vendor orientation.

The fog horn sounded. (It's San Francisco!)

The bat cracked against the ball.

I am thankful for the sounds of baseball today. And thankful that I have a nice boss with good seats.

I hope she's thankful for the wine I brought her...thankful enough that she'll part with her tickets more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)