Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Guest Blogger: Lindsay's Thanks

This week's guest post is courtesy of my blog swap partner Lindsay from The Boomerang Kid. Thanks Lindsay!


Today I am thankful for the freedom to set my own schedule. 


After years in the corporate world where I had set work hours and no flexibility, I am thankful to be working for myself where I have the freedom to set my own schedule. I still work hard (and sometimes harder) now, but I have the freedom to choose how my day goes.  I can workout in the middle of the day when my energy level is low instead of sitting at my computer wasting time or chugging yet another cup of coffee. I can write at night when the house is quiet and my words flow. I can put in more hours on Monday and Wednesday so that I can hang out with friends at the local water park on a Tuesday (yesterday's fun activity). It can be stressful when I look at all the things I need to accomplish, but the freedom of deciding how and when to tackle the to-do list motivates me to keep going and is something I'm incredibly thankful for!


*Check out Lindsay's blog: The Boomerang Kid to see my post!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)