Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 61: March 2, 2011

Today is one of those days. One of those days that I wish would never end. It’s also one of those days that I can’t seem to pick what I’m most thankful for because it’s been that good.

Today I am thankful for all the little things that have made this day amazing.

I’m thankful for the geckos that cover the whitewashed ceiling of the lobby looking for flies.

I’m grateful to have found Zanotti’s Italian and Thai Restaurant in Ao Nang Beach, home of what must be the best pizza East of Naples…delicioso!

I’m thankful for my masseuse, Susie, who taught me that “yum” means excellent in Thai (and for the rockin’ massage on the beach!)

I’m thankful for the kitties that wander around begging for Pad Thai leftovers. Like the Thai people, Thai cats are miniature versions of the American feline, and they remind me of my kitty at home.

I’m thankful for the music in the hotel lobby- all Western pop songs done in a peaceful Thai style. I need to find this CD!

I’m grateful for the sunset that looked like it came straight off of a postcard.

I’m thankful for the way Thai people use “hmm” and “mmm” as filler words. It’s so interesting to listen to.

I’m grateful for bargaining. Can we reintroduce that to America?

I’m thankful for the fruit. Oh, the fruit. The pineapples put Hawaii’s to shame: sweeter, but milder and less acidic. And dragon fruit is so pretty. Fruit shake shacks are everywhere. Yum.

I’m thankful for my Title Nine dress. It’s pretty much the most versatile piece of clothing I own.

I’m thankful for the sounds: crickets, waves crashing, frogs croaking, birds chirping, leaves rustling, and thunder faintly rumbling in the distance.

So much to be thankful for. Just another day in paradise…

1 comment:

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)