Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 65: March 6, 2011

Today I am thankful for lemon grass. I've always loved the smell and have quite a collection of soaps, etcetera in the scent, but now I think I'm obsessed.
Reason one why I love it: It's fabulous to eat. We took a Thai cooking class tonight and made a yummy selection of Thai favorites: Golden Bags (deep fried goodness), green curry, Thai chicken salad, and steamed fish. I think they all included a hint (or more) of lemon grass. Delish! We also met some fun peeps from Vancouver, and one worked at SAP! Small world!
Reason two why I love it: It smells good. Our bungalow is stocked with lotion, soap, and shampoos infused with lemon grass. Even Nick, the self-proclaimed lotion-phobe, is slathering himself in it.
Reason three why I love it: it is a natural mosquito repellent. How did I not know this before? I no longer have to   cover myself in Deet and reek of Off! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)