Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 63: March 4, 2011

Today we made the journey from Krabi to Koh Lanta. When I say journey, I mean journey. Two ferries and a couple hours of driving and then our driver dropped us off to be shuttled to the resort by a four wheel drive truck since "resort up big steep mountain, car no make it." True that. Half way up the dirt road I started questioning whether we were actually going to a resort at all because it felt so isolated. And then we arrived. I'm fairly certain that if you were to look up "paradise" in the dictionary, a big picture of La Laanta Resort would pop up. This place is A-mazing. We are staying in a little bungalow that is just a hop, skip, and a jump from an incredible beach with no one on it except us. I think I said "this is the life" twenty-five times today.
Today I am thankful for isolation. I kind of feel like I've been dropped on a deserted island...but with crazy good seafood barbecue and air conditioning. This is the life. And that makes twenty-six.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)