Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 88: March 29, 2011

Today I am thankful for the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers. For me, it's a stand-out in Golden Gate Park, a park full of stand-outs! I walk by it almost daily and always slow my steps just a little to take it all in. The facade itself is impressive (Come on, a building made of white glass?) but also the seasonal gardens that literally change every time I look at them. I would love to see what goes into designing the flower beds, their lay outs, and what flowers are chosen.
Right now the front garden is the perfect image of Spring: Tulips and lots of Oriental Poppies. One of my favorite times of year in the Conservatory gardens is late summer when the Dahlias are in full bloom...the inspiration for my wedding flowers! And even when they clear the flower beds to replant and the gardens are dirt shadows of their former selves,  it is still fascinating to look at and anticipate what is to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)