Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 79: March 20, 2011

I was really expecting to have a bad day at work today. It had nothing going for it.

Strike one: It's Sunday. It's supposed to be Sunday Funday! Not a day I usually like to work on. And, Hubby and friends were going to Napa...without me.

Strike two: I could not fall asleep last night. I don't know if it was the sleeping in, the latte and two pots of black tea I consumed, or the remnants of jet lag, but I was watching the clock tick at two-thirty.

Strike three: The Intensive Care Nursery is currently a bad place to be. We are bursting at the seams and it is treacherously close to a full moon (which always causes babies to dive out of their mothers like their little lives depend on it).

However, I was spared and the day was a home run, so today I am thankful for unexpectedly good days!
The Gods must have been looking out for my tired self because I was put in a quiet little room by myself with three of the cutest babies on the universe. Because I was secluded by myself, I was blissfully unaware of all of the chaos that ensued on the rest of the floor. My day consisted of snuggling cuteness and finishing my book. I did do a little work as well, but it hardly felt like it. Sunday turned out to be a fun day after all. 

1 comment:

  1. how awesome that you get to read sometimes while you work!! and i can't wait to read this book too.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)