Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 117: April 27, 2011

Today I am thankful for farmer's markets. 

With Spring comes awesome produce, and today at the Upper Haight Farmer's Market, Spring was in full swing. Beets, huge carrots, and strawberries...oh my! 

I love taste-testing my way through the market. This week the stars of the show were the strawberries (so sweet!) and the amazing caramels by Barbary Brix. The hubby brought me a bag of their vanilla caramels last week that did not last long, so this week I was dying to sample all of their flavors. Salted caramels (always one of my favorites) and a uber yummy caramel with anti-oxidant rich cocoa nibs=heaven.
I only wish it was dog-friendly and happened more than once a week!

1 comment:

  1. I try to go every Sunday - love Farmers' markets. And so agree, how amazing are strawberries right now? Super delish.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)