Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 200: July 19, 2011

Today I am thankful for *cue awesome woman announcer voice*
...
My San Francisco Giants!!!

I'm not a die hard fan and most of the time would rather watch something else on TV than one of the hundreds of games that will be played each season, but then sometimes I catch myself watching. And it's pretty exciting. Shhh...don't tell my husband- we'll never miss a game. 

We went to the Giants/Dodgers game tonight and sat in the bleachers. I was happy to celebrate a good beating of our rival team in the bleachers with the serious/drunk fans. I think it's the best place to sit with the exception of the obligatory beer spillage on the feet. It's spirited, it's rowdy, there's always chanting of "What's the matter with (insert Dodger player's name)?" "He's a bum!", and there's usually a wave. I love waves. It brings me back to my high school cheerleading days. 

There is something about watching a baseball game live that is fantastic. It might be the beautiful stadium that is AT&T Park with its view of the bay. It could also be the sounds of fans cheering, the bat striking the ball, and the "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" that for some reason make me feel extra American. Or it might be the hot dogs and churros and hot chocolate. 
I think you all know how I feel about hot dogs. 
Maybe you think they're gross. 
I think they're amazing.

1 comment:

  1. so true! live games are just fun! watching them on tv is pretty meh, but when you're right in the throes of all the crazy...and the yummy over-priced food...it's just an all-American-good-time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always *thankful* for your comments- they make me smile:)